Archive an Exchange 2007

altecco

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I make this thread because i need help before contacting IBM :)

I explain:

I have a Exchange 2007 cluster server, i make a full backup every days with retention of 5 days.

I need to make a full backup every weeks to put out of site.

I think make Archive every weeks but I don't find information exchange for archives.

Anyone have an idea ?

Thank you a lot

Hi,

all TDP for Exchange objects are stored in TSM as "backup" - not archive.
If you want to do an archive, use another nodename for the same Exchange server and have its own policy (mgmtclass) for it with proper retention level.

Hope it helps

Harry

You could just make a 'copy' backup instead of the 'full' and bind the 'copy' to a different management class:

Backup Command:
tdpexcc backup * copy

Include statement to bind the copy backup to management class MS_EXCH_ARCHIVE in the TDP's dsm.opt:

INCLUDE "*\...\copy" MS_EXCH_ARCHIVE

The copy backup does not commit the logs so you may want to run an incremental before the copy job in your script. We run one full backup per week, + incrementals 6 days a week and a weekly copy backup for archiving.

I am looking for a solution for this as well. We run daily full backups, which are kept for 7 versions. But we also wan to keep a weekly full backup for a longer time. I checked the TDPSQL manual for the backup copy command, and could not find it. Has this been removed in version 5.5? I suppose I have to setup two separate nodes then.

I tried running a weekly full backup using a separate opt file, which specifies another mgmtclass, but when the weekly backup runs, it changes the mgmtclass of all full backups, and then it is changed back when the daily backup runs.

Back