ANS4009E and ANS5062E

jeinhorn

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Greeting, Gurus -

I am using IBM TSM for Mail v7.1.3.0 with MS Exchange 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2. Backups are running smoothly. I am trying to restore a mailbox to an alternate location using "DP for Exchange Management Console", logged in using domain ID "tdpexchadmin", which has admin privileges. It seems that Flashcopy Manager keeps trying to create a "recovery mailbox" on the "C" drive, which has insufficient space.

I found this article: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21590419 which matches the problem quite well. I tried creating the TEMPDBRESTOREPATH and TEMPLOGRESTOREPATH variables first at the user level, and then at the system level. Even with these two variables defined at the system level and, of course, I restarted DP for Exchange Management Console after they were defined, I still encounter the errors shown below and TDP is still creating new recovery databases under C:\Users\tdpexchadmin\AppData\Local\Temp.

from dsmerror.l0g:
06/09/2017 17:30:19 ANS4009E Error processing '\\useprdex2\c$\Users\tdpexchadmin\AppData\Local\Temp\TSMRDB-USEPRDEX2_20170609172743\US_User_DB02.edb': disk full condition
06/09/2017 17:30:19 ANS5062E Disk full

from tdpexcc.log:
06/09/2017 17:30:26 ANS1227E (RC111) Processing stopped; Disk full condition
06/09/2017 17:30:26 FMX5060E A Tivoli Storage Manager API error has occurred. Examine the Windows Event Logs and DSMERROR.LOG for additional details.

Are there any suggestions?

Thanks,
Janet

I'm not sure how you set the TEMPDBRESTOREPATH and TEMPLOGRESTOREPATH, but here's how:
Temporary Database Restore PathAlternatively, set these two optional parameters in the Data Protection for Exchange configuration file with the tdpexcc set command:
  • TEMPDBRESTorepath

If you choose to not enter a path, the default value of TEMPDBRESTorepath is the value of the TEMP environment variable.

• TEMPLOGRESTorepath
    If you choose to not enter a path, the default value of TEMPLOGRESTorepath is the value of the TEMP environment variable.
The temporary restore locations must have enough space to restore the entire restored databases and log files.

If you do not specify a directory, the database files are restored into a directory that is specified by the TEMP environment variable.
source: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowled....ibm.itsm.mail.exc.doc/c_dpe_mailbox_res.html

Hello Marclant - I was (mistakenly) defining OS-level variables using Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced Tab > Environment Variables. Your response put me on the right path, and my problem is solved! I deleted the incorrect OS-level variables and instead created dedicated folders to hold the recovery database and log files, and used the "tdpexcc" command to configure the variables like this:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpexcc set tempdbrestorepath="H:\TEMPDBRESTOREPATH"
. . .
FMX5054I The preference has been set successfully.
The operation completed successfully. (rc = 0)

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpexcc set templogrestorepath="I:\TEMPLOGRESTOREPATH"
. . .
FMX5054I The preference has been set successfully.
The operation completed successfully. (rc = 0)

Thank You very much for your assistance!

Best Regards,
Janet

Back