ANS1587W I/O error reading file attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a TSM newbie and i need your help about a strange issue.

I installed a new node (version 5.4.2) on a REDHAT EL R4. Backup work fine but finish with "Warning" status everyday.
I found the error code detailled (seems to be a permissions problem) but this not correspond with my log below :
09/29/2008 02:38:51 ANS1587W I/O error reading file attributes for: /selinux. errno = 34, Numerical result out of range
09/29/2008 02:38:51 ANS1587W I/O error reading file attributes for: /sys. errno = 34, Numerical result out of range
09/29/2008 02:38:51 ANS1587W I/O error reading file attributes for: /dev. errno = 34, Numerical result out of range
I'm swimming... (french expression)

My config :
Code:
   Servername     toto
   COMMmethod            TCPip
   TCPPort                   1500
   TCPServeraddress      x.x.x.x
   NODename                 node1
   PASSWORDDIR           /etc/security/tsm
   PASSWORDAccess      Generate
   TCPBuffsize              32
   TCPWindowsize          64
   TCPNodelay              Yes
   LARGECOMmbuffers     Yes
   RESOURceutilization    3
   SCHEDLOGName         /var/log/tsm/dsmsched.log
   SCHEDLOGRetention    7
   ERRORLOGName          /var/log/tsm/dsmerror.log
   ERRORLOGRetention    30
   MANAGEDServices      webclient schedule
I'm using customized ManagementClass and OptionSet for the node.

Thank you !

Without all the details, I can't be dead certain, but I think I'm seeing a 32-bit application on a 64-bit platform? For most things, that's handled by the operating system, but TSM sort of "reaches around" a lot of the operating system functions - does things like refusing to let you back up your own files because of the permissions of the underlying mountpoint(which affect NOTHING), and so on.
Sounds like it's just complaining, but still doing the backup. Better test restores too(should anyway).

Arghhh ! I have been check your idea and my OS is 32 Bits and TSM Client application is 32 Bits too. Just have a quadcore processor.

Uname commands :
$ uname -m (machine)
i686
$ uname -p (proc)
i686
$ uname -i (platform)
i386
Backup of /dev, /selinux, /sys is bypassed. Files don't appear in "q content" command.

Another server with the same system configuration works fine...

Thks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back