ANS0101E error

peter.weber

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have just installed TSM 5.1 server and 5.1 client on the same v4.3 AIX box. The server appears to be working fine but if I try to run dsmc or dsmadmc they don't work and I get the following error:

ANS0101E NLInit: Unable to open message repository 'dsmclientV3.cat'.

The file does exist and the NLSPATH points to the correct location. LANG is set to en_US.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter

The problem is fixed!!!

The DSM_CONFIG environment variable was still set to what a previous installation used and was of course incorrect.

A bit of advice - if you remove TSM through smitty, you still need to remove all the TSM directories and files manually. After doing this, remove/change all the environment variables as well.

Doing an upgrade would probably not have caused us all these problems, however we wanted to do a clean install.

I have exactly the same problem but I dont know how to solve it.

I have changed several times the env vars and still getting the same error.

The file .cat is there and the other env vars are correctly set.

Any ideas?

Thanks

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I have just installed TSM 5.1 server and 5.1 client on the same v4.3 AIX box. The server appears to be working fine but if I try to run dsmc or dsmadmc they don't work and I get the following error:

ANS0101E NLInit: Unable to open message repository 'dsmclientV3.cat'.

The file does exist and the NLSPATH points to the correct location. LANG is set to en_US.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You install from bos.loc.iso.en_US from the base OS cd of AIX 4.3.3

Back