ANR9639W Unable to load Shared License File dsmreg.sl

schmeckendeugler

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Greetings, I'm trying this forum for the 1st time... Go easy on me! :)

So, I have a Linux RHEL 4.0 machine which I have installed Tivoli TSM Server 5.4.0 onto, and things are chugging along OK, except for this whole "Licensing" issue. Now, this IS a licensed version; or at least, it should be, because the packages were downloaded from the "Passport Advantage" site that we paid big buck$ to get into.

Anyway: When I do this,

Code:
TSM:MYSERVER> REGISTER LICENSE -FILE=tsmee.lic
I get the following result:

Code:
register license file=tsmee.lic
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: REGISTER LICENSE file=tsmee.lic 
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANR2828I Server is licensed to support IBM System Storage Archive Manager. 
ANR2828I Server is licensed to support Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition. 
ANR2828I Server is licensed to support Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition. 
ANR9639W Unable to load Shared License File dsmreg.sl.
ANR2032E REGISTER LICENSE: Command failed - internal server error detected.
Now, I did do some homework on this; and on this IBM Support Page, it doth say:

Explanation:
The server was unable to loaded the shared library.

System action:
Server operation continues, but functions that require the shared library will be inoperative.

User response:
Make sure the shared library is accessible/readable. This message is normal for those servers in the Try-N-Buy mode.
The "shared library", which I assume is this dsmreg.sl file, is sitting right there in the directory, where it was born, and I've even chmod 777'ed it and the .lic files.

One thing I will like to mention is that this server used to have the previous version on it, but that path has been RM'ed with a vengeance. (-Rf), and I treated this 5.4 installation as a "fresh" install, since we did not have Tivoli in production anyway.

Any insight toward this problem is appreciated, and if I've left out important details that would help, let me know.

are you sure that you downloaded the TSM Server "Extended Edition" ?

You might have downloaded the TSM Server "Basic" and yet you input the command to add a tsmee.lic whixh refers to the extended edition version.

Otherwise it might be an issue of 5.4 version, which i have never installed yet.

cheers
max

Downloaded File Name: C97LWML.tar.gz

The Filename was C97LWML.tar.gz. Passport Advantage appears to be down right now! I can't log in to verify that I actually downloaded the right file.

Does that match what you'd expect?

are you sure that you downloaded the TSM Server "Extended Edition" ?

You might have downloaded the TSM Server "Basic" and yet you input the command to add a tsmee.lic whixh refers to the extended edition version.

Otherwise it might be an issue of 5.4 version, which i have never installed yet.

cheers
max

I seem to have stumbled on the same issue:

I noticed somewhere that the shared lib is a 32 bit version and on a system I worked on (CentOS 4.4, TSM 5.3.0.0) was a 64bit OS running. and licenced
When I updated to 5.3.5.0 I got the same message.

Never worked it out and we went back to the previous install...
the 64-32 bit is nagging me since.

Might help you to find your answer.

Back