ANR8379I Mount point in device class LTOCLASS1 is waiting for the volume mount

norajay

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Please help me. I need some info and explanation about the TSM output result as below :

q path
Source Name Source Type Destination Destination On-Line
Name Type
----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -------
TSMSERVER SERVER LB0.6.0.3 LIBRARY Yes
TSMSERVER SERVER MT0.4.0.3 DRIVE Yes
TSMSERVER SERVER MT0.5.0.3 DRIVE Yes

q proc

Process Process Description Status
Number
-------- -------------------- -------------------------------------------------
97 Migration Disk Storage Pool DISKWINPOOL, Moved Files: 0,
Moved Bytes: 0, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable
Bytes: 0. Current Physical File (bytes):

Waiting for mount point in device class
LTOCLASS1 (15 seconds).

98 Migration Disk Storage Pool DISKUNIXPOOL, Moved Files: 0,
Moved Bytes: 0, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable
Bytes: 0. Current Physical File (bytes):

Waiting for mount of scratch volume
(15 seconds).

q mount

ANR8379I Mount point in device class LTOCLASS1 is waiting for the volume mount to complete, status: WAITING FOR VOLUME.
ANR8334I 1 matches found.

q pro
ANR0944E QUERY PROCESS: No active processes found.

What should I do to make the tape library and the volume mount working properly ? Is it ok to me to run the command audit library lb0.6.0.3 checklabel=barcode ?

Sorry, I really need the help and hoping someone who expert in TSM to give me some advises.

Thank you so much.

Maybe I'm going blind but everything in your output looks perfectly fine to me. It normally takes about 45-120 seconds for a tape mount to complete and yours had only been waiting for 15 seconds which is nothing, I'd only worry if it was taking longer than a couple of minutes. That message is normal.

Your last "q proc" shows that there were no processes running so the migrations showing up earlier have finished (or errored I suppose).

If you are actually having errors, perhaps post the output from "q actlog" when the errors occur.

Could be many reasons. Are all the drives online? (q dr) Is the device class set up for two mountpoints or "drive"? (q devc f=d) What does "show libr" say?

PJ

Thanks BB for your reply. Sorry, I'm not familiar with TSM. I'm still on learning to improve my knowledge in TSM. Yes, you are right. That is only a normal output messages. Thanks for your advice, I really appreciated.

I had the same problem when I tried to do a restore from LTO 1 tapes checked in to our new LTO 3 robot.

I had to update the "Device Class" value for the "Format" from in my case "LTOCLASS" = Drive (this is only LTO 1 tapes in this device class) to "LTOCLASS" = Ultrium3C (the tape drives in the new robot)

If I understod it right so was TSM waiting for me to bring a LTO 1 tape drive online to read the "old" tapes or change the "format" value to the acctually drives.

Waiting For Volume

Dear All

i experience the same problem below

ANR8379I Mount point in device class LTO is waiting for the volume mount to
complete, status: WAITING FOR VOLUME.
ANR8334I 1 matches found.

when i issue the command q proc got

Process Process Description Status
Number
-------- -------------------- -------------------------------------------------
1 Backup Storage Pool Primary Pool ONSITE, Copy Pool OFFSITE, Files
Backed Up: 0, Bytes Backed Up: 0, Unreadable
Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current Physical
File (bytes): 27,371,175,942 Waiting for mount
point in device class LTO (10533 seconds).

waiting for mount point in device class LTO for 10533 secs translating to more than 7days. This coould only be a result of a problem

Please can someone help me out.

Responses will be appreciated.

Thanks

Back