ANR1411W Access mode for volume set to read-only

rchoudarapu

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
ANR1411W Access mode for volume XL8007 now set to "read-only" due to write error.

The volumes are being marked as READONLY on very first write error.
Is there any way that the TSM reports the write error(s), but NOT update the volume automatically?

TIA.

yes and no. Yes these are reported in the activity log as Media errors. Look for stanza type errors in your actiivty log. And no TSM automatically changes the access if it has issues with media. I recommend that you periodically review your media access - perhaps script it and send an email or add it to your daily monitoring routines.

Hope this helps

You should combine some queries, to generate a list of all volumes with write errors (q vol f=d or actlog), and update their access.

To give you an idea:

upd vol * access=readwrite whereaccess=readonly
upd vol * access=readwrite whereaccess=unavailable
select volume_name, write_errors from volumes order by write_errors
select volume_name, access, write_errors, read_errors from volumes where access<>'READWRITE' order by access

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses.

Monitoring and alerting for these are already in place.

I am running move data on such volumes.

try this for volumes has write errors > 0 ;)

SELECT VOLUMES.VOLUME_NAME, VOLUMES.ACCESS, VOLUMES.WRITE_ERRORS FROM VOLUMES VOLUMES WHERE (VOLUMES.WRITE_ERRORS>0)

I am still seeing these errors...

ANR1411W Access mode for volume <VOLNAME> now set to "read-only" due to write error.

It is observed that these messages are coming together with

ANR8311E An I/O error occurred while accessing drive <DRV> for WRITE operation, errno = 12.

and some times, all the drives in use (at that pint of time) by the TSM server are reporting these errors together.

The setup uses a TSM server designated as Library manager and others as it's cleints. TS3500 library with 3592 drives.

What could be the problem?

Last edited:
rchoudarapu-

Are you using Encryption feature with the TS3500 and with 1120 drive?
Check your EKM...We have been dealing with EKM issue for the past few months but we finally got it fixed due to mismatched encryption keys

Back