ANR1082E insufficient mount points

jpfnv1

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out what's going on with the daily reclaim process. We are running TSM 5.3.2 on a Linux server. We are trying to reclaim with one tape drive that is located in a remote location. This script has been working until now. Here is the script: RECLAIM STGPOOL offsitetapevegas threshold=55 wait=yes
The message we get is:
ANR1082E Space reclamation is ended for volume IS0007. There is an insufficient number of mount points available for removable media. (SESSION: 1561, PROCESS: 92) The tape drive is empty and available. The paths are all defined. I'm at a loss. I am very new to TSM and Linux, so I need all the help I can get. Thank you in advance.
Joyce

Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out what's going on with the daily reclaim process. We are running TSM 5.3.2 on a Linux server. We are trying to reclaim with one tape drive that is located in a remote location. This script has been working until now. Here is the script: RECLAIM STGPOOL offsitetapevegas threshold=55 wait=yes
The message we get is:
ANR1082E Space reclamation is ended for volume IS0007. There is an insufficient number of mount points available for removable media. (SESSION: 1561, PROCESS: 92) The tape drive is empty and available. The paths are all defined. I'm at a loss. I am very new to TSM and Linux, so I need all the help I can get. Thank you in advance.
Joyce

if you have one drive library you must setup some pool hierarhy for space reclamation. see details in TSM concepts and config guide.
in short:

define squental pool on disk (useing FILE device) and setup your TAPE pool as NEXT pool for this pool. Set newly created sequental pool as RECLAIMSTG for your TAPE pool.
set RECL in your tape pool to 100.
as you need - lower the threshold for TAPE pool. TSM will mount volume and transfer some data to sequental pool on disk, after that data will be migrated back to TAPE pool.
Play with HI threshold in sequental pool on disk and mount wait parameter in device class of your library.

Back