ANE4005E on Novell - file length?

mpeters

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,​

Getting lots of ANE4005E errors in our Novell volumes.. seemingly all on files with extremely long filenames (the filename is long, and the path the file is in).
My question is, are there any restrictions anyone knows about with filename length?

These files are fine in Novell itself (ie can be opened, moved etc) but TSM errors with ANE4005E trying to back them up.

Novell version = 6.5 sp8
TSM version= 5.3.0.0

Thanks

Mark

Hi all,​

Getting lots of ANE4005E errors in our Novell volumes.. seemingly all on files with extremely long filenames (the filename is long, and the path the file is in).
My question is, are there any restrictions anyone knows about with filename length?

These files are fine in Novell itself (ie can be opened, moved etc) but TSM errors with ANE4005E trying to back them up.

Novell version = 6.5 sp8
TSM version= 5.3.0.0

Thanks

Mark

Update your TSM Server and Client versions to the latest patches for 5.3. If you can move to 5.5, do so.

Thanks for the reply. The server is 5.5.4 - but yes I can update the Novell client, I just wondered if this was a known fix in later editions of the client.

Thanks for the reply. The server is 5.5.4 - but yes I can update the Novell client, I just wondered if this was a known fix in later editions of the client.

Probably yes - I don't know the patches applied on the Novell client.

Back