Advanced information for the Contact Info

tsm_noob_01

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where I can find advanced information for the Contact info for nodes?

example, on the contact info line, you can put some things in a certain order with codes so that you can do advanced reporting, etc. i.e:

[email protected], my name, 3

the ',3' is a reporting code that can be used for mailing out reports to show, for example,

that a node completed or missed it's backups.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you use TSM Operational Reporting (works on Windows) you will find it pretty easy to configure each node with the contact information to send an email on failed or missed backups.

Once in the TSM MMC with your TSM server added, you can bring up the Properties for the "Daily Report" and select the "Automatic Notification" tab. Then click the Query button to bring down a list of all of your nodes, you can fill in the fields the way you want them, click the lower "Update" button to modify the info for each node. Finally, click the upper "Update" button to upload your changes back to the TSM server.

I'm sure you could modify the contact info on each node via dsmadmc as well. Perhaps using a macro would make that simpler.

Hope this helps.

Back