Admin privileges

odyssey

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
According to the reference papers, any administrator is allowed to issue all the QUERY commands.

When I register an admin on our TSM, they can do absolutely nothing until I grant them an authority class.

Why is this, and how do I grant these readonly rights on an admin?

until they've been granted some kind of rights, they have none (including the ability to query) You could grant them node authority to an empty node. This would give them no ability to manage any function of the server but still run queries.

-Aaron

I thought the default was that you could run the "q xxx" commands, which is why this problem is a bit weird to me...

What does q admin <adminname> f=d say?

According to the reference papers, any administrator is allowed to issue all the QUERY commands.

When I register an admin on our TSM, they can do absolutely nothing until I grant them an authority class.

Why is this, and how do I grant these readonly rights on an admin?

tsm: help reg admin

REGISTER ADMIN

REGISTER ADMIN (Register an Administrator)

Use this command to add an administrator to the server. After registration,
the administrator can issue a limited set of commands, including all query
commands. To provide additional privileges, use the GRANT AUTHORITY command.

What version of TSM are you using ?

I'm using 5.3 - The manual are incorrect, nevertheless in this case, since the admin after registration is NOT able to issue simple query commands.

I'll look into granting it node rights to make this work.

It works for me...

Did you register the admins to a particular domain or node originally? Are you using a configuration manager?

What is the error seen while attempting to run Query commands using the new admin?

I could register a test admin id without any grants, and could run the Q commands...!

I have a funny suspicion its maybe related to it being distributed by a cfgmgr?

Grant "analyst" access - that's pretty much all the q commands plus the reset buffer statistics type commands.

Back