Adding Volume into Storage Pool

Solichin

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I had problem adding other volume to existing storage pool,
suppose i have a storage pool WORM_POOL, those storage pool already had a volume \\STORAGE-A\VOLPROD01\0000001.bfs.
Because the free disk space on volume \\STORAGE-A\VOLPROD01\ almost zero, I want to add another volume in storage pool WORM_POOL, is it possible to add another volume let say the next path is \\STORAGE-A\VOLPROD02\ ?

Please kindly your assistance

Chris

Another things to be considered is, my storage pool has reclamation type=snaplock, and i hasnt found any reference adding volume in those kind of storage pool.
Any idea?

But is it possible to add another volume having devtype=file into existing storage pool?

Thanks

if i'm not mistaken your reclamation type on your storage type has not nothing to do when you are adding or defining a volume to storage pool.

I dont think it's possible to mix different kind of devclass into one storage pool. better check in the admin guide.

Here's my condition:
i have storage pool STG_POOL with having device class WORM_DEV and the device type is FILE, i sets the directory to \\STORAGE-A\VOLPROD01

now i want to add same kind of device type FILE to storage pool STG_POOL and i want that device class having directory refer to \\STORAGE-A\VOLPROD02

The creation for device class is successful:
DEFINE DEVCLASS WORM_DEV_1 DEVTYPE=FILE DIRECTORY=\\CMODSTORAGE-A\VOLPROD02

but when i tried to add the newly device class to storage pool, it fails:
DEF VOL STG_POOL WORM_DEV_1 ACCESS=READWRITE

Error:
ANR4944E DEFINE VOLUME: Volumes cannot be defined in RECLAMATIONTYPE=SNAPLOCK storage pools.
ANS8001I Return code 33.

please kindly your assistance

Back