Adding drives with acsls

maple

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a question, I have to add new drives to a Networker environment.

The setup is as follows the drives are connect to the server / storage nodes via fibre through a switch and Networker controls the library / drives via acsls. Setting up the zones on the switch is not a problem. The only bit that I am a bit concerned about is getting acsls to see the drives.

Has anybody ever done this before, and if so are there any commands to get acsls to pick the drives or should it pick them up after a reboot?

Thanks

Once you have zoned the drives to TSM all you should have to do is DEFINE the drives in TSM. Check the TSM help for define Drive, but it should be something like -

> define drive <library_name> <drive_name> online=yes acsdrvid=<acsls drive address>

eg > define dr library_1 rmt1 online=yes acsdrvid=0,0,6,1

To find the acsls drive id log into the acsls as ACSSA and run a command similar to
>display drive 0,0,6,*

Where the 6 is the cabinet number.

Hi quinstear

We are using Networker not TSM. When you are defining drives in networker you need to tell it the name of the acsls server if any. The problem is that acsls must know about the drives.

That is my question how do I configure the new drives in acsls?

Sorry Maple, misread your post. If you need to get the acsls to see the drives then login to the acsls server as 'acsss' and look at the command 'config drives'

>config drives 0,0,1

where the 0,0,1 is the acs,lsm,panel that the drives are in.

Thanks quinstear

I had a look at this command in the manual. Does it run autmatically or does it get you to input serial numbers?

I assume it prompts you as it says it is an interactive command.

Maple,

All I have to do with my system is run that. I guess if you want to force the serial number manually that should be ok

Back