5.5 Operational reporting on Windows 2008 R2 not working (sort of)

totalstu

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to use 5.5 operational reporting on my new TSM 6.2 server. I install 5.5 reporting on a Windows 2008 R2 machine and follow the steps in the guide which instruct you to change some SQL select statements so it will report properly for a 6.2 server. I go into the settings of the custom summary, click edit on one of the variables I changed as instructed, run a test by clicking the test button and the test completes successfully. If I try to refresh the daily report using current or scheduled time the report never completes. I just get the green light flashing along the grid that shows it is working and trying to complete. I then configured my old report server (W2K3) to also report on the new 6.2 server and can get the report to complete and show porperly. This leads me to believe the issue has something to do with HTML and Windows 2008 R2.

Has anyone come accross a similiar issue? Any thoughts or suggestions for a resolution? Keeping the W2K3 server is not an option as old servers and W2K3 are being phased out as we move to a new domain with all new infrastructure.

Thanks

I created a new report and unchecked the "Custom Summary" and refreshed using local time but still nothing. I then unchecked all check boxes except the last one (Report Timing Information) but still nothing. I then unchecked them all except for the 2nd to last one (Missed schedule notification) but still nothing. Ugh!

I've struggled with the same problem a while ago.
This is caused by windows server 2008's User Account Control (UAC).

You can disable this by doing the following:
start -> run -> secpol.msc
-> local policies -> security options.
-> de-check the checkbox next to User Account Control: Run all administrators in admin approval mode.

Reboot the machine.

This should do the trick,
maybe you have to reinstall the operational reporting again if it doesn't work after just disabling UAC.

At least that's what worked for me, hope it helps you too :redface:

Genius!

By disabling what smetter suggested I got reporting to work. Well, sort of. I did have to repair the installation which of course changed all those report settings back but it did actually create a report. Now I'll go and change all those settings as per the IBM Doc and see what it reports.

Thanks

Back