TSM Domain Poicy and Mgt Class/Backup copy Group Retention Not being enforced?

Aldini

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello all I have a client we are confirmed is bound to the correct management class with a backup copy groupp that has a retain only settign for 365 days. The parent domain has a backretention settign of 30 days. If I delete a file it is only on the server for 30 days. Support looked through client option sets (its a Windows Client) and dsm.opt and so no override to another mgt class files are bound to the correct one.
My question is we setup replication from the source server and the issue may have occurred at this time.

Is there a way for me to verify that the mgt class/backup copy group's parent domain plociy set is still activated and was somehow not deactived?

I assume if someone modified the backup copy groupp retention plociy that nodes bound to its mangement class woudl still need the existing policy set reactivated for the changes to take effect? (TSM does not do this dynamically)
Have a PMr with IBM and level 1 answer has not addressed this concern
Thanks
Ted

Is the mgmtclass that the client is bound-to, the default mgmtclass? Has the policy been activated correctly?

If someone changed the copy settings, the policy MUST be re-activated to be in effect. This is always true for single mgmtclass or multiple mgmtclass policies.

Back