Data missing when accessing another node

Anna

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I'm a newbie to TSM, just a self learner. And I have a problem (ofc).

All hardware which I backup moved to hosting, only TSM server remained in server room. Access is thru direct line, but only one of my backup networks remains. I reconfigure clients to this network.

I updated a client present directly on TSM server, from 6.4.1 to 7.1.6.
DLL error came out.
App log shows> Application 'C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmadmc.exe' (pid 7888) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID..
and 4373 error Windows Installer 3.1 with no description.
Installer wasn't able to finish instalation only with restart services. After reboot error didn't return.

Now it is bit confusing.
When I access from any server its own backuped data it is OK.
But when I try to use GUI to access another node it shows me only structure, but no data. I can see accessed node name and in local file level I can see for example C$ but nothing in sublevel. And this happens on all server clients, no matter from or to where I connect.

I guess it is something really stupid, but I'm not able to figure it out.

Can you help me please?

Thank you

Anna

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks, marclant, for your reply.

Node Access List is empty, everywhere, but I don't think this was even configured before. I have only one TSM account and it is admin. I was always authenticated as this admin when I accessed any part of TSM. Never had any problem with access rights.

GUI clients are set to password generate. When I look in client information I see authority level: Client Owner. If I switch authorization to prompt and enter admin credentials, authority level is System. But I still see in restore only File level-\\servername\d$ and nothing, empty.

I don't know what was there configured before, but I know I had never problem with access, everything worked just fine..

PREDATAR Control23

Node Access List is empty, everywhere, but I don't think this was even configured before.
You can't access a node from another node unless access was granted.
I don't know what was there configured before, but I know I had never problem with access, everything worked just fine..
How are you accessing another node?
If I switch authorization to prompt and enter admin credentials, authority level is System.
That makes no difference if access was not granted to the node initially specified.

I find it's much easier to impersonate the other node using your admin id, from a command prompt:
cd "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient

dsm -virtualnode={other nodename}
when prompted for an ID and password, enter your admin ID and password.

PREDATAR Control23

I tryed to access another node from GUI - menu Utilities - Access Another Node - enter node name. Connects fast, unpack File level, see disks as \\servername\d$, when unpack this level it takes long time and than shows nothing, empty.

But your advice worked. When I run dsm -virtualnode={other nodename} and enter ID and password, was connected and see data instantly and correctly.
I have some archived data, about 20TB, registered under node which doesn't phisically exist anymore and I don't know how to reregister them to other node (not enough time yet to find out how to do that..) so I have to access them this way.

Thank you

But still, I'm curious what/why/how changed settings so simple connect to another node doesn't work anymore...

PREDATAR Control23

But still, I'm curious what/why/how changed settings so simple connect to another node doesn't work anymore...
Once you are logged in at the virtual node, check the Access List. The only explanation is that the access list is empty 0r imcomplete. So either it was never granted or was revoked at some point.

PREDATAR Control23

It is empty. Is there a way to configure granted access to all nodes? I mean one client to access all other nodes and without run from cmd and entering ID everytime?

PREDATAR Control23

It is empty. Is there a way to configure granted access to all nodes?
No, you would have to go to each individual node first, and grant them access to another node. Then you can do the access another node.

PREDATAR Control23

how about

GRANT PROXYNODE TARGET=* AGENT=MYCLIENT ? Could this work?

PREDATAR Control23

ouch..

anyway, I really appriciate your help

hace a nice day

Anna