TSM EMAIL

araque

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is possible a TSM client or Server, send me and e-mail automatic with activity log, or other log type?

Es posible configurar en tsm cliente o servidor para que te mande un correo con los errores o el activity log?

Thanks

Gracias

Hi,

I do not think, TSM itself sends mail. However you can use services of its driving system for this issue.

That should be easy for Unix-like systems (e.g. AIX, Linux). Query the TSM server DB with the admin client and pipe its stdout to sendmail. To schedule it, e.g. place a line in your crontab or use a pre/postschedulecmd in the options file.

For z/OS it is similar. Just build a JCL with two steps. First query the DB with the TSO admin client for TSM. Then send the SYSPRINT DD with sendmail using BPXBATCH. May be you can use the SMTP address space name for the external writer instead. Scheduling is done by e.g. TWS/OPC or Netview.

Cheers

Michael

We are utilizing TSM 5.2.2 on AIX 5.2 server. We have automated our daily TSM processing (including DRM) by using AIX scripts. within those scripts we invoke TSM commands, ie queries, then route the output to a file. Such file is then mail (using AIX mail function) to a central mailbox that our system administrators can view. Our mail system is Lotus notes..

The scripts is scheduled via crontab.

This may help!!

Hi all

I have TSM server 5.1 level 9.0 version under windows NT server 4 SP 6. and some clients all of they with windows nt server too.

can you help me with this configuration to TSM client or server send me an email with activity log or other log type?

Sorry for my poor english, and thank for all

Well, I have no clue about Windows. TSM does not send E-Mails itself. However, you can establish event logging to a Tivoli Enterprise Console. This TEC can also be on a Windows system. Please refer to the appropriate chapter in the TSM Server Admin Guide (e.g. GC32-0775-01).

Cheers

Michael

use the dsmadmc command

dsmadmc -se=tsmserver -id=yourid -password=youpass q act begind=-1 > actlog.log

and use Blat.exe to mail you the file ceated

Blat.exe? sorry but i not find this program.... and i ned the TSM send me a email periodically but i not stay in the office all time.

thanks

You can set up the TSM Operation and Reporting Tool. It will email you whatever you can query for.

Blat is an email utility (still a free download I believe) that you install on your Windows based TSM server and -- via an smtp server -- send emails.

One way to use it is to run the dsmadmc command (as mentioned below) to pipe output to a text file and then email that file as an attachment.

Alternatively -- also as mentioned below -- you can use the TSM Operational Reporting Tool to run queries whose output can be emailed via an smtp server. This produces a much more profesional looking email than the dsmadmc command does.

For my customers, I use blat to send lists of tapes to go to or from the vault. And I use the reporting tool to send emails related to the health and activities of the TSM environment.

Hello Thaddad,

could you please share the TSM daily process script..

I have some handy scripting from AIX that sends (vial mail) to cell phones and to email accounts if this is still of interest.

Back