Offsite reclamation and deduplication

Matti

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

simple question on offsite reclamation with a single drive lto.

With a single drive library, I set access=offsite for all volumes with a certain level of free space. In the next step I kick in "reclaim stg tapestg th=90". Now the content of the tape-volumes is beeing copied again, from the primary storagepool to tape, avoiding the error of having not enough mountpoints.

The primary stg is a dedup stg, which won't allow dedup before a copy has been created.

Fetching data off the primary stg a second time, means that I have now data in my copypool, that has been copied after deduplication had run.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thank you very much in advance

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
Not sure why you want to avoit it?
The reclamation of your offsite copy from your already deduplicated primary copy requires the data to be reconstructed.
Are you using DRM?

Rudy

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

it's more like a question. As I explained, I am using a deduplicated primary storage. Deduplication is not permitted before copying. So for reconstructing the copypool, TSM is now picking data that once ran through deduplication in contrast to the original copy, that was created in the first place.

I am not using DRM. The Library is a pure local copy. I am not rotating tapes, other than the ones in the library. The server is placed in a collocation center some 300km away.

I am using "offsite" status purely, for being able to process reclamation for the single drive library.

I could not find any other method, to accomplish this.

Cheers & regards
Matti