Small business data backup solution?

stevenrussel

Newcomer
Reaction score
We had a bad data disaster happened at our office a couple of weeks back, which caused loss of important data from our Network Attached Storage. Although it was a bad disaster, somehow we could save ourself from something worse, by recovering some of the lost data from other locations. Now we know we could not rely on NAS alone. We are looking for an online backup solution. We need to find a reliable company to store our data. After a little research, we could find a few such companies including Carbonite and Storagepipe solutions in Toronto. But We are not sure about their services. So we are looking for experiences from other people who have used these services.

If I recall correctly, I was approached by Recall for an online backup solution.

However, Recall has been acquired by Iron Mountain and I am not sure if this offering is still in the mix.

I have no experience for services like this but I am posting an option from a company that has been doing offsite data storage protection for a long time - someone that I have trusted through the years.

Check with the Midrange computer group in Markham. They may be able to host and assist with any thing you want.

Right - Midrange may have this still in their mix. Also, Compugen has a similar offering. I believe they are still in the Richmond Hill area.

I have worked with these guys when I was still up there - I sure miss Toronto!

There are a number of providers around that can help you out. I spent almost 2 years in Ottawa and couldn't wait to come back to the big smoke. Now I am leaving again for a retirement home in the Greater Niagara Region. I am not sure I will miss TO. But there is a GO train in the summer.

There are a number of providers around that can help you out. I spent almost 2 years in Ottawa and couldn't wait to come back to the big smoke. Now I am leaving again for a retirement home in the Greater Niagara Region. I am not sure I will miss TO. But there is a GO train in the summer.

Niagara on the Lake is my dream retirement place! I will go back for retirement just because of He.... - you know what!

Back