how im can install a new server and use same volumes????

almirf

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Dear Friend

I´m have a volume called e:\ with my volumes

My server is so corrupt and slot., Now im install a new server.
how im can attach and use same volumes in new server ?

Thanks
Almir

What version of the TSM Server are we running?

What kind of volumes are we taking about? Disk pool volumes, tape volumes, database volumes?

Good Luck,
Sias

Dear Sias

version is 5.2.3.2

is disk storage pool volumes!
im want to use data existing in disk storage pool volumes in new server created
and dont want to lost my data backuped

Thanks
Almir

What version of the TSM Server are we running?

What kind of volumes are we taking about? Disk pool volumes, tape volumes, database volumes?

Good Luck,
Sias

FYI: TSM Server 5.2 is no longer supported by IBM.

Since we want to access the data that are in the disk pool, and we reinstall the TSM Server.
Need to restore the TSM Server database from the most recent backup before we reinstall the TSM Server.
Hopefully we did this before we reinstall the TSM Server, if we did.
Then follow the steps in the following techdoc -
Recommended Tivoli Storage Manager Server Post-Database Restore Processing Steps

If you do not have a database backup before we reinstall the TSM Server, there is not a way to access the data that are in the disk pool.
If you already define the disk pool volumes, with the same names, to the newly installed TSM Server, and data are written on the old disk pool volumes. The old data have been over written with the new data.

The new install TSM Server does not know that there are data in the old disk pool volumes.
To get the pointers back, need to restore the old TSM Server database .

If the newly installed TSM Server have written data to the old disk pool volumes, and we restore the database backup. Your not going to be able to access the data.
Yes, we have the pointers in database back. Since the old data have been over written, the pointers in the database will be pointing to data that no longer physically exist any more.

Good Luck,
Sias

Dear Sias

im know that this version does not have a support !

but im have a problem, my server are very slow and a big database = 80 gb
im need to do a new server to have fast service

im know alol that you write bellow! im restore backup many times
But im have a slow server!!!

how im can attack disk pool volumes without backup ? no way?

**** THEN A NEW ASK ****

Have any kind to restore the old database and after this create a new database ?

Whatis the best solution in your opinion?

Thanks
Almir

The new install TSM Server does not know that there are data in the old disk pool volumes.
To get the pointers back, need to restore the old TSM Server database .

If the newly installed TSM Server have written data to the old disk pool volumes, and we restore the database backup. Your not going to be able to access the data.
Yes, we have the pointers in database back. Since the old data have been over written, the pointers in the database will be pointing to data that no longer physically exist any more.

Good Luck,
Sias

If you want to access the data that are in the disk pool volumes.
If the data is that important, you don't have much of a choice but to restore the database from the most recent backup.

If the data is not that important and you want to re-use the diskpool volumes.
From the new installed TSM Server, redefine the diskpool volumes to the storage pool.
When the TSM Server starts to write data to the disk pool, the old data will be over written with the new data.

Good Luck,
Sias

You could export the data that is important to you to tape (HELP EXPORT NODE).

Then wipe out your old instance, create a new one.

Then import from tape the data you want to keep (HELP IMPORT NODE).

Back