TSM management console report

vvragav

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Recently we upgraded our tsm server 5.5 to tsm 6.2. We are getting the management console, but unable to generate reports using this management console. Previously in v5.5 we created daily reports and configured the reports to be sent via mail. But in 6.2 it is not found. How can I configure this for daily report? can anyone pls. guide me.

Operational Reporting is not supported in TSM 6.x

Hi, so Operational Reporting is not supported and will not work with TSM 6.1 or 6.2. Instead you should setup TSM Reporting and Monitoring (but it's hard to get working and even to install).

If you really want to use Operational Reporting you can still do it as long as you disable the "Custom Summary" report. It's the SQL queries that are not compatible.

Regards,
nicke

TSMCON 5.5.0.3 works with TSM 6.1.3.2 and maybe also with TSM 6.2.

But you have to disable som SQL queries. An example which settings works is available in the attached picture.

Regards,
nicke

Attachments

• TSMOperationReporting.jpg
    TSMOperationReporting.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 127
hai my self vipin kumar srivastava new here I want to know more but about it. how please reply me some one thanks is advance

TSMCON 5.5.0.3 works with TSM 6.1.3.2 and maybe also with TSM 6.2.

But you have to disable som SQL queries. An example which settings works is available in the attached picture.

Regards,
nicke

ok I am ready to doing it. then?

Hi premeet01245,

In respons to your very short message ... :

"ok I am ready to doing it. then? "

... Answer is / (could be) just follow the previously attached picture which show what SQL queries you should disable inorder to get Operational Reporting working for TSM server 6.1 / 6.2.

Of course you have to first install the Operational Reporting in another Windows server (not on the TSM server) and defining the TSM server that you want to monitor. It's described in TSM 5.5 manuals ..

//nicke

Back