SQL - Adding a blank column

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just a cosmetic question.

Is there a way in SQL to add a blank column? Using Operational Reporting, I get a text email with two columns, but they're very close together.

My command is:
select node_name, sum(physical_mb) as TOTAL_MB from occupancy group by node_name order by 2 desc

Running from TSM command line the spacing is fine, but in the text email the columns are close.

Thanks!

Add underscores to the column header "Total_MB" "__Total_MB__"

This will force TSM to use a wider column size.

-Aaron

That expanded the header, but since the column is left-justified it didn't separate any differently. Is there a way to set that column to right-justify?

That expanded the header, but since the column is left-justified it didn't separate any differently. Is there a way to set that column to right-justify?

yeap... use the right command.

You can also use _'s as Aaron has stated or just blank spaces to expand a column width

You could also add a ' ' in between the commands.

yeap... use the right command.

You can also use _'s as Aaron has stated or just blank spaces to expand a column width

You could also add a ' ' in between the commands.

I didn't know I could do this, but just tried it. Very nice. Quick example of use if anyone needs to know. Use || to concatenate with something else, in this case a string of blanks. This will expand the column.

SELECT n.node_name||'<insert spaces>' as NODE, n.platform_name as PLATFORM FROM nodes n.....
......etc etc.

Back