TDP SQL 6.4 configuration

karikalvalavan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have SQL2012 installed windows machine, I he configured first instance using MMC, now I want to create second instance, MMC is not allowing to create another opt and cfg file. Please let me know how to create second instance how second instance backup can be initiated.
Frist node details.
node name - ews-pgh1-sqls5_sqldbj

sqls5_sqldbj.opt
sqls5_sqldbj.cfg
qldbj_full.cmd _ how command needs to be given to backup ???

Second node should be created with below details. Please help me to create second instance.???

node name - eews-pgh1-sqls5_sqldbm
sqls5_sqldbm.opt
sqls5_sqldbm.cfg
sqldbm.cmd - how second instace backup can be initiated ???

I am not a SQL guy, but I have run in to this as well. Search around and you will find an answer. Essentially you have to start the MMC pointing to a second instance of a database. There are instructions out there on how to do this. The problem is that only 1 instance can be backed up INTERACTIVELY from the MMC. The other will show up, but never get backed up. You will have to use a CMD or BAT file to do the backup of the other instance with the appropriate config file. I did find a scrip from IBM, not supported, that will allow you to do the MMC interactive backup. Just google it and it will show up somewhere. I can't remember where I found it.
Check this link for details: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21597023

I am not a SQL guy, but I have run in to this as well. Search around and you will find an answer. Essentially you have to start the MMC pointing to a second instance of a database. There are instructions out there on how to do this. The problem is that only 1 instance can be backed up INTERACTIVELY from the MMC. The other will show up, but never get backed up. You will have to use a CMD or BAT file to do the backup of the other instance with the appropriate config file. I did find a scrip from IBM, not supported, that will allow you to do the MMC interactive backup. Just google it and it will show up somewhere. I can't remember where I found it.
Check this link for details: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21597023

Thanks for the update, yes, I too got the same document and trying to configure it. Just wanted to know everything is same as TDP 5.5 other than MMC ???

Back