Schedule a service to stop are restart once backups runs

ears

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone please tell me how I go about killing a service on a node when a backup kicks off and then restarting that service once the backup finishes?

Many thanks

Why?

Anyway:

If you are referring to the TSM Scheduler service, you simply just stop it and restart it after the backup completes.

If you are asking how to automate the process, this cannot be done through the pre and post commands - you have to script this outside of the TSM Service wherein the script detects backup starts and stops.

one of our applications has issues when tsm is run on the client. I have been asked to kill the other application (service) once the tsm backups start and then once the backups finish start the application (service again) - thanks

one of our applications has issues when tsm is run on the client. I have been asked to kill the other application (service) once the tsm backups start and then once the backups finish start the application (service again) - thanks

OK - so you are not referring to the TSM Scheduler service.

This means you can use the pre and post commands built-in to the TSM dsm.opt environment.

To stop or start a service, use net stop/start - see net /? for help

Back