Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 84 - plugin error

2011-10-20 15:55:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 84 - plugin error
From: rsavage <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:47 -0700
We had the same problem, media write errors. Seems to happen with long running
jobs most of the time. We ugpraded the Data domain code and OST code which
increased the timeouts to 3hrs from data domain. We also noticed are long
running jobs in which most of the 84 errors were coming from were Window 2008
or Windows 2008 R2. there is a known hotfix from Symantec on this issue.
Here is the link for this:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH150081

We upgraded to the following:
DD670
5.0.1.7-250021
OST plugin 2.3.2.0
NBU - 7.0.1

Once we upgraded to the current versions above and applied the hotfixes we now
get a media write error 84, maybe once a week and at times we will go for weeks
with not issues. I am to believe the OST plugin and/or NBU 7.0.1 still has a
bug but neither vendor has a compelte fix.