Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade and Migration

2011-04-25 10:14:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade and Migration
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: stefanos <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:14:32 -0500
I prefer to go the other way, migrate to new platform first, then upgrade NBU. The migration is more problematic, IMO.

Either way you go, I suggest letting it cook for a period of time so you can work out any kinks.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

stefanos <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

04/24/2011 10:36 AM

'Harry Tirrell' <harry AT tirrell DOT org>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade and Migration

Hello
My order is

do a database consistency check.
upgrade to 7.0.1 (or 7.1)
change platform

Stefanos

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject:
[Veritas-bu] Upgrade and Migration

I wll be upgrading from 6.5.5 to 7.01 and migrating from a Solaris 10 to eEnterprise Linux.  Any thoughts on the preferred order.  Upgrade then migrate or migrate and then upgrade