Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] import a ZFS filesystem holding images

2010-12-02 06:28:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] import a ZFS filesystem holding images
From: WALLEBROEK Bart <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:27:43 +0100
A File system on an HP disk system is presented to multiple SUN Media Servers.
This filesystem is used as DSSU (holding DSSU images)  Only 1 is accessing the
file system.  When that Media Server however goes down we want to import that
filesystem on another Media Server (SUN import zpool command).

Is this supported by Symantec (I created a case but wanted to check the forum
as well) ?  Will NetBackup know that these images are already known to the
catalog and will this work transparently ?

Best Regards,
Bart WALLEBROEK
Backup Admin