Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] import a ZFS filesystem holding images

2010-12-02 09:42:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] import a ZFS filesystem holding images
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: "WALLEBROEK Bart" <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:36:04 -0600
Bart,

I did a quick google search and found this Symantec article.  It seemed to me
that once you import the zpool housing these images to the other media server,
you shouldn't need to import them but instead would need to make the new media
server the owner of these images ?  if that is the case and you are effectively
decommissioning the old media server, the article below should help you out.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/move-ownership-image-disk-storage-unit

I'm not sure if you should change the ownership of the images before or after
you export the zpool.

Mark Glazerman
Desk: 314-889-8282
Cell: 618-520-3401
 please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to