Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] D2D or Tape Libraries

2010-10-07 14:18:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] D2D or Tape Libraries
From: "Brian J. Greenberg" <brian AT gsysd DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 13:18:33 -0500
Simon - It really comes down to your business and legal requirements (data retention, continuance requirements, off-site/off-line requirements, frequency of legal holds, etc.).  For most companies, it's usually a tape or a d2d/tape hybrid solution.  There are a myriad of reasons for the various architectures and I'd be happy to discuss them with you off-list if you like.

Brian J. Greenberg
General System Dynamics LLC
brian AT gsysd DOT com
http://gsysd.com