Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Command Help

2010-10-07 10:43:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Command Help
From: waynecierkowski <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 10:43:32 -0400
We have a number of tapes that have been put on Infinite Retention. My CTO
Wants to reduce the number by extracting only the directories we are required
to keep. I am trying to create a program that can identify the tape(s) that
contain the data we want. The program will be passed a specific data path to
look for, such as "C:\data\tools" and a start and end date range. I can then
parse throught the output to identify what tapes are required for a restore.

Need to do this because our library is about 1/2 the size of the number of
tapes we have, so its a matter of swapping in and out tapes to do this
operation.

Anyone have an idea on what command to execute to get such information.

Thanks in Advance...