Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Real World NBU Buffer settings Win2k3

2010-09-16 09:49:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Real World NBU Buffer settings Win2k3
From: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:43:52 +0100

Also worth noting that for 2003+, if you don’t have specific RTOs for individual files, you can do volume based backups with your standard licensing (but no individual file restore).

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/275912.htm

Which should give you the same performance boost as flash backup.

Make sure you use VSS though – not VSP (why they left the screenshot like that, no idea).

Cheers,

Nic