Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can I duplicate existing netbackup images using a brand new SLP

2010-09-14 13:12:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can I duplicate existing netbackup images using a brand new SLP
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:12:08 -0500

We have been backing up elements of an evault environment to an intelligent disk pool in our data center.  Does anyone know of a way to setup a new SLP, consisting of this existing disk pool and an offsite disk pool, and use this new SLP to duplicate both new and existing images (which already reside on the local disk pool) to the offsite disk pool ?

We know this will work with new backup images written to the original disk pool but we’d really like to be able to send the existing images as well.  Any advice on how we can achieve this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Glazerman

Enterprise Storage Administrator

Spartech Corporation

Desk: 314-889-8282

Fax: 314-854-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

mark.glazerman AT spartech DOT com

http://www.spartech.com

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, are intended solely for the use of the addressee, and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, and do not copy or forward it.