Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Migration.

2010-05-05 15:07:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Migration.
From: fozz <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 09:14:49 -0400
As someone who has done a number of these conversions, they've gotten to be
pretty trivial since 6.x.  Prior to 6.x they were a royal pain.

If you can preserve the same master server name, that will help.

In my experience, it was always easier to delete all the tape devices and
recreate them after the upgrade.   If you end up changing your master server
name, you'll need to use the nbemmcmd -renamehost command to change all the
references from the old master server name to the new.

Try to make sure the same version of NBU is installed on both platforms.

Post move, you'll also need to run nbdb_move to reflect the new location.

Aside from that, you will not be able to transfer the job history.  Most of the
files should be transferred using ASCII ftp with the exception of the IMAGE
files, which should be transferred using Binary ftp.

I would to a test migration first as I am recalling all the info from memory
and it's been a few months since I had to do a migration.