Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Limiting Access to NOM data

2009-06-15 17:52:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Limiting Access to NOM data
From: JBrownell <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:57:28 -0400
We are a user of NetBackup NOM 6.5.3.  We are trying to get the NOM Web GUI
into the hands of a few of our critical users and would like to limit their
access and view to only a few clients.  Providing an userid to NOM gives the
user full access to our NetBackup Master. We believe that the answer lies in
setting up the new NBAC services and have seen articles on the web about how
easy it is to set up yet the yellow book that the article references weighs in
at 336 pages - doesn't really sound that simple.

Before moving forward we would like to confirm that setting up NBAC services in
our NetBackup 6.5.3 environment will in fact give us the ability to limit what
a NOM user can see and do.

Thanks,

Jim
 :?