Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Encryption and compression

2009-05-22 10:23:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Encryption and compression
From: "Daniel Otto" <dan_otto AT symantec DOT com>
To: "James Pattinson" <jamesp AT hisser DOT org>, "Travis Kelley" <rhatguy AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 07:20:36 -0700
Yes an NBU client will compress then encrypt. It is not automatic being
you have to set both options for compression and encryption in the
policy but again though it does depend on the server resources it adds
to the backup time even more so than with just encryption. But it will
not use more tape space as with just encryption.
Dan O