Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] BPDM Process on Netbackup 6.5

2009-04-17 16:51:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] BPDM Process on Netbackup 6.5
From: "Jimenez, Daniel" <Daniel.Jimenez AT imb DOT com>
To: "Dean" <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:48:15 -0700

Dean

Not sure but I read  on the troubleshooting guide that in 6.5 it only deals with Duplications and I wanted to find out if the BPDM process is running on a media server is that the server that Netbackup is using to write the data to tape? Also, is bpdm the process that writes the data or only reads the data and if so, what process actually writes the data on duplications?

bpdm

On master and media servers, bpdm is used for the following disk operations: for the read phase of disk duplication, for the read phase of synthetic backups, for disk verify and disk import, to do true image restore from disk, and to delete disk images. Started By: For each backup or restore, bpbrmstarts an instance of bpdm, on the server with the storage unit. Stopped By: Completion of operation. Debug Log: bpdm legacy log directory on the server.

IndyMac Federal Bank, FSB; now OneWest Bank, FSB
Daniel Jimenez
Technical Consultant
16608 Valley View Ave
La Mirada, CA 90638
Phone: 714-520-3421
Cell: 562-480-2966
Fax: 714-520-3470
Daniel.Jimenez AT imb DOT com
Website: http://www.imb.com/
Website: http://www.onewestbank.com/
you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
let the sender know and delete the message. Thank you.