Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpimport - Phase I Issue

2009-04-19 22:31:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpimport - Phase I Issue
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:27:46 -0400
All,

I've been importing several hundred media for a big restore job, and something funny has happened to many of my media.  Before starting the import I switched all my retentions on the import server to infinity.  Then I imported all the media.  Now it appears that only some of the images are available.  When I run the following command on any given media:

bpimport -PM -s 01/01/1971 00:00:00 -e 09/20/2009 23:59:59 -id IN2233

I get several of the following errors:

INF - Skipping backup id <Exchange Cluster Name>_1104559223, it is expired

Is this image really expired?  I seem to remember something about Phase I imports only lasting 7 days, but I thought setting all the retention periods to infinity would help with that.  My next step is to re-import the same media and see if I can restore then.  Anyone run into this before?  I've run the same command against media that I've scanned just a few days ago and I've got the same issue.  I'm not really sure where to go with this one.

Thanks,

-Jonathan