Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Do anybody have script to shut down master server and then copy all catalog to NAS then start master.

2009-04-06 16:39:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Do anybody have script to shut down master server and then copy all catalog to NAS then start master.
From: Andrew Stueve <andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com>
To: "Veritas-Bu (E-mail)" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 16:36:09 -0400
As Ed says, "it isn't supported".

Now, having got that out of the way - My old 5.1 Master filled it's 36gb
partition long ago, and we moved to an NFS mount.
/usr/openv/netbackup/db is a NFS mount on our server and runs without
any issue.

Now, Catalog backups did begin to take longer.  We went from 20 min, to
 90 minutes to backup up our 60Gb catalog.

-Andrew