Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media server choices

2009-04-06 17:20:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media server choices
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 17:17:32 -0400
We have Solaris 10 master at 6.5.3.1, 3 Solaris 10 media servers at 6.5.3.1,
our windows group wants to set up some VMWare.
We have a choice of combining the Windows media server with the VMWare or
making it separate Unix or Windows - any thoughts?

My thought was that the windows media server should "play nicely" with the
existing unix servers, and it might be better to have windows connections to
backup the VMWare - is this a false assumption?

David McMullin