Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 35, Issue 56

2009-03-31 07:38:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 35, Issue 56
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:35:22 -0500
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:30 AM, nizar motasim <nizar17_m AT hotmail DOT com> wrote:

  I have Veritas Netbackup 5 installed under windows 2000 advace server also Veritas client installed on 6 server with windows 2000 server ,I faced big problem with Veritas server which is crashed totally (Hardware),I prepared new server with windows 2003 R2 and I installed same version of Veritas Netbackup 5 as server also I gave this server new name and new IP address .I configured same catalog tape to be a catalog tape on this new installation .I completed the configuration and I changed the server name on the clients my problem is :
1- when I opened the client software dosn't find my old backup (this on the backup and restore client ) ,mean how to continue on using the old setup because I have one year back backup tape ,If I want to restore there was no details .

You can not simply change the name of your master server.  You can change the IP address as long as everything was done by DNS, but the name MUST be the same.

At this point, you probably have created backups with both the old master server name and the new master server name.  Depending on the number of old backup tapes, you can do a bpimport of the tapes, or you can re-install your master server again using the old name and then bpimport the new tapes.

Alternatively, you can contact Symantec and contract their professional services folks.  However, you're working in a fairly old environment that isn't even supported any more so I don't know if their PS folks will touch it.

   .../Ed