Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 35, Issue 56

2009-03-31 02:33:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 35, Issue 56
From: nizar motasim <nizar17_m AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:30:03 +0000

Dear All

  I have Veritas Netbackup 5 installed under windows 2000 advace server also Veritas client installed on 6 server with windows 2000 server ,I faced big problem with Veritas server which is crashed totally (Hardware),I prepared new server with windows 2003 R2 and I installed same version of Veritas Netbackup 5 as server also I gave this server new name and new IP address .I configured same catalog tape to be a catalog tape on this new installation .I completed the configuration and I changed the server name on the clients my problem is :
1- when I opened the client software dosn't find my old backup (this on the backup and restore client ) ,mean how to continue on using the old setup because I have one year back backup tape ,If I want to restore there was no details .
2-  what is the right way to continues with my old configuration without changing .
3- any advice to help me on this critical problem
 .
Thanks in advance.
Nizar

Windows Live Hotmail just got better. Find out more!