Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Native Linux support of LTO drives

2009-02-18 10:29:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Native Linux support of LTO drives
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT staples DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:32:46 -0700
They work fine & fast on our one Linux media server, RHEL 5.  Actually
one of my fastest media servers.

An earlier posting, though, I was searching for why we have a drive go
down and then, after I up it, have it go quickly down again.  I have to
reboot the server to clear down drives about every other week.

I'm still not sure why that is but since the driver question came up at
the other site, I thought I'd see what the community is doing.

All my reading before this suggest that full Ultrium support existed in
Linux these days.  Just wanted a second opinion.

-M