Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1Mp4 with Mcafee 8.5 or 8.0 - windows 2k3 freeze the windows server

2008-12-15 13:18:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1Mp4 with Mcafee 8.5 or 8.0 - windows 2k3 freeze the windows server
From: Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:04:01 -0800

Thanks Guys for all your reply.

As suggested, we have applied the patch 7 for the Mcafee 8.5 on our win2k3 media servers, & then we observed for couple of days, the situation & looks like the patch did not address the issue.

We have not disabled the Onscan protection, as our security folks dosen't want it to be disabled.

Is there any other workaround or solution on this?

Regards,

Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

12/05/2008 10:01 AM

cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1Mp4 with Mcafee 8.5 or 8.0 - windows 2k3 freeze the windows server

Hi Folks,

We have a strange problem in our environment, with the Windows 2k3 server, with the Mcafee recenlty upgraded from 4.5 to 8.5 & during the backup hours when the no. of backup jobs is high the server is very sluggish in performance & the most of the backup job fails with required resourses are unavailable, so many time the jobs also fails with the storage unit unavailable.

If we stop/disable the Mcafee Antivirus & reboot the server, and then re-run the backup , every thing works like charm as usual.

We have opened a ticket with the Mcafee & also to veritas, there is no proper response & point each other.

Do any one face such issue on the windows media server? is there any fix for this.?

Master server : solaris - Metbackup 5.1MP4

Media server - solaris & win 2k3 5.1Mp4

Regards,