Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1Mp4 with Mcafee 8.5 or 8.0 - windows 2k3 freeze the windows server

2008-12-05 13:13:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1Mp4 with Mcafee 8.5 or 8.0 - windows 2k3 freeze the windows server
From: Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:01:27 -0800

Hi Folks,

We have a strange problem in our environment, with the Windows 2k3 server, with the Mcafee recenlty upgraded from 4.5 to 8.5 & during the backup hours when the no. of backup jobs is high the server is very sluggish in performance & the most of the backup job fails with required resourses are unavailable, so many time the jobs also fails with the storage unit unavailable.

If we stop/disable the Mcafee Antivirus & reboot the server, and then re-run the backup , every thing works like charm as usual.

We have opened a ticket with the Mcafee & also to veritas, there is no proper response & point each other.

Do any one face such issue on the windows media server? is there any fix for this.?

Master server : solaris - Metbackup 5.1MP4
Media server - solaris & win 2k3 5.1Mp4

Regards,