Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow Backups after 6.5.2 Upgrade

2008-11-24 11:33:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow Backups after 6.5.2 Upgrade
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:11:37 -0600

Has anyone experienced slower backups after the 6.0 MP5 to 6.5.2 upgrade?  All Windows clients are still running 6.0 MP5 and in most cases, backups are taking twice as long as before.  I have been getting numerous 196’s every morning since the upgrade last week.  Will upgrading the clients improve performance?  Does anyone know a really rich old lady looking for a really expensive pool boy?  This NetBackup stuff is making me old before my time . . .okay, older.

Thanks,
Randy