Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Fail to update in bpmedialist after assign by vmquery -assig

2008-10-25 12:32:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Fail to update in bpmedialist after assign by vmquery -assig
From: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 17:18:46 +0100
I think part of the problem may be from the very common confusion of expiry
dates. The expiration date in the vmquery is the date the TAPE will expire.
I.E. not be useable anymore, this is hardly ever used. The other expiry date
is the date the images on the tape expire at which point the tape becomes
reusable for further backups (assuming it was full at this point). I hope
this helps.

Regards,

Patrick Whelan
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX.
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for Windows.

netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk