Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IBM TS 3500 Tape Library Control Path Fail Over

2008-10-23 16:46:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IBM TS 3500 Tape Library Control Path Fail Over
From: rvadde <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:18:43 -0400
Is there any one using IBM TS 3500 Tape Library Control Path Fail Over using
under netbackup?

IBM says to use this feature we need to use IBMtape driver.

Symantec says we need to use only ovpass/sg driver for the robots.

If we don't use Control Path Fail Over feature if a drive which has the robotic
control path fails we need to reconfigure the robotic path. Ugly situation.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks