Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU cross-site

2008-10-07 19:27:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU cross-site
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Clausen, Matt R [EQ]" <Matthew.R.Clausen AT embarq DOT com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:13:29 -0500
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Clausen, Matt R [EQ] <Matthew.R.Clausen AT embarq DOT com> wrote:

I'm curious though…. From a Disaster Recovery perspective, are you replicating a master across sites to avoid the master server being the single point of failure? If so, what are you using to do it?

I've got a master replicating to another site.  The catalog is going over there (the server is already a media server), and it's got the right hardware (Decru encryption appliance in the same cluster, same tape drives, etc)., but I've never tested a recovery.  Getting the data replicating was the first phase of our DR implementation.   For now, I've got the data and Symantec's phone number.  One of these days, we'll finish the job and make sure we've actually got a working recovery model.

   .../Ed