Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Using Netbakup 6.5.1 with VCB proxy Server on Netapp

2008-08-27 09:53:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Using Netbakup 6.5.1 with VCB proxy Server on Netapp
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: Smedts, Cédric <CSmedts AT sjm DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:28:25 -0400
The Short Version:

1) Upgrade to 6.5.2(a?)
2) Download VCB software from VMWare and install on Media Server.
3) Create a folder called VMWmnt on the Media Server (D:\VMWmnt etc..)
4) Configure VC or Hosts in Master under Media and Device Management / Credentials / Virtual Machine Servers
5) Configure Policy using Flashbackup-Windows (Linux? I haven't tested)
6) Check Perform Offhost backup, select use virtual machine proxy, select machine you installed VCB on, Configure Snapshot Client options to to point to the folder you created in step 3

If you have any trouble with this, I would recommend Symantec's VCB Guide which walks through all of this in detail.

Good luck.

-Jonathan