Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?

2008-08-21 11:02:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:47:18 -0500
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
I have some interest in this topic. We are running a fairly simple, fresh, 6.5.2 install with one RHEL4 Master and one RHEL4 Media server. Things are going relatively smoothly.

But we are looking at moving our first Windows Media Server over from the old 5.1 world to the new 6.5.2 environment. This Media Sever looks after backups for an Exchange cluster and Enterprise Vault for Exchange.

6.5.2 is pretty stable for us in a Linux only environment.

But what do others think about introducing a W2K3 Media Server into the mix? 6.5.2? 6.5.1?

Ideally the media server should be at the same release as the master.  I wouldn't hesitate to put 6.5.2 on that W2K3 media server.  Our master is Solaris and we've got a bunch of Windows media servers including one in an SSO environment with Solaris media servers.

   .../Ed